Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia Innovation Awards
The CCIS Innovation Awards have a long tradition, and this year we celebrate the 19th edition. New innovative and improved products and production technologies are awarded, as are innovations pertaining to organisation, service provision and marketing.
Selection of the CCIS Innovation Award winners is a two-step process. Firstly, the regional chambers invite entries from local innovators, and their projects and innovations are assessed according to a set of criteria which are applied both regionally and thence nationally. All innovations that meet the application criteria are considered, whilst the best within the individual competitions receive gold, silver and bronze awards.
The outstanding innovations from Slovenia’s thirteen regions are then considered and judged in the context of a national competition for the country’s best innovation, at which it is far from easy to attain a golden award. All entries must meet three main criteria pertaining to originality, viability and contribution to the clean environment as well as six sub-criteria.
• has to be original, new or significantly better from that which is currently available on the market.
• must be attributable and, accordingly, adequately protected (e.g. under a patent, brand, trademark or secret know-how).
• should be commercially viable and thus capable of enjoying market success (i.e. recognised by customers, consumers or users).
• promotes or upgrades the innovation culture in the participating organisation and makes a positive economic or social contribution locally, regionally, nationally or internationally.
• is a positive development in the context of environmental issues.