Innovation promotion and support programme
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia (CCIS) developed the Innovative Slovenia Programme to promote as well as nurture and support the entire process of innovation – from conception to implementation. Through a variety of activities we aim to foster the spirit of innovation in Slovenia, and thereby contribute to success in foreign markets.
The Innovative Slovenia Programme encompasses the following activities:
• INFORMING on topics relevant to an enterprise’s performance and development is an ongoing activity of the CCIS.
• PROMOTION of innovations and innovative companies through modern communication channels.
• TRAINING COURSES. The CCIS organises some ten training courses for business annually, and these provide participants with a broad range of skills and knowledge, from strictly specialised to general. The lecturers are eminent professionals from Slovenia and abroad.
• CONFERENCES focused on delivering enterprises information on emerging and future technologies and, in order to promote development collaboration, the engagement of enterprise with companies and organisations in Slovenia and abroad.
• CONNECTING various publics in order that they may exchange information, experience and best practice, is one of the key roles of the CCIS. As a meeting point the CCIS connects Slovenian enterprises with research institutions and other companies both locally and internationally.
• INTERNATIONALISATION of development, initiating delegations and facilitating meetings aimed at the promotion of collaboration and the initiation of common development projects.
• COUNSELLING AND MENTORSHIP, providing companies advice and assistance in various fields and areas pertaining to innovation.
• PROMOTING YOUTH and developing the creative and innovative potentials of young people – start-up weekends, support to students in the development of innovative food products (the EU’s Ecotrophelia competition) as well as collaboration with the Start:up Slovenia initiative.
• AWARDING INNOVATIVITY. The CCIS has the country’s longest tradition in awarding innovation.